Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Page rank and how is it important for a website .??

johnhardy009 is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Default What is Page rank and how is it important for a website .??

Hi members !
    I heard that Google gives page rank to websites due to their good performance and features .I want to know what is page rank and how much is it important for a website .??

MyWebs is offline Moderator
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Last year I wrote a hub called "What is Google PageRank?" that explains what PageRank is, how it works in detail and if it even matters anymore. I also cover some SEO tricks that have helped me to achieve top ten Google rankings for my targeted keywords. You may find this useful.

For what it's worth this hub ranks top ten on Google using some of the SEO methods I suggest and has a PR3

Thanks,
    MyWebs

Savanna Forti is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

It is important because it's a way of measuring your website's popularity. <a href="http://www.brand5.com/why-is-pagerank-important">See this</a>. to know how it really works.
    Last edited by Savanna Forti; 07-21-2015 at 02:16 AM.

yashepe is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Hi,

The page rank is a way to admire bloggers or the website owner. Google was the one who will rate you from 0-10, 10 is the highest one.

Note: Now google has stopped updating page ranking, and hence you will not see anything in your ranking.

thanks

brucekenway is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

PageRank is no longer available so please dont care about it anymore.

Visit my site: http://www.magestore.com/retailer-pos.html/ for Magento POS ipad
    and http://www.magestore.com/magento-popup-extension.html for Magento popup
    Last edited by brucekenway; 07-08-2016 at 12:44 AM.
    My heart and soul is the blade

scourgebicycle is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

PageRank is no longer available. Be mindful on how you write the content of your website, if you want your website's content to rank in the search engines write it for your readers/viewers and not for PageRank. Google may come up with another new method to rank your website just remember that good content should always be your number one concern.

tk-hassan is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Pagerank doesn't matter these days all you have to do is to write the quality & useful content for your website it helps you a lot.

MrsCookies is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Hi, page rank is really important because it could be the reason why a site leverage from the others. It measures the relevance and current status of a certain website.

felgall is offline Member
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

It WAS a measure that Google used for giving different weights to different links. It was named after Google boss Larry Page.

hoverboard is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

What do you mean PageRank is not available anymore ? I thought it was one of the most important indicators to watch !
    Did google make any announcement about it ?

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

As others have indicated it's importance is very small compared to years ago. I do still believe it to be a very small part of Google's algorithm, maybe I'm wrong though. In my opinion social signals weigh much more heavily now.

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoverboard View Post
    Did google make any announcement about it ?
    Yes- about four or five years ago.

They still calculate it and use it as a tie breaker if all of the hundreds of other factors are equal but even the almost meaningless figure derived from it that they used to publish was being misused so they stopped publishing it.

markpowell is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

I guess it still matters however it has less value than previously. Page Rank is one of the metrics that allows Google to define which position should be granted to a website. There was a special formula I have probably read about when write my term paper but I am sure it has been modified and Google doesn't reveal data on this matter anymore for it not to be misused. However, Page Rank metrics is definitely renewed by Google in my opinion.

boddington is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Hey, just thought you could see what your website's accessibility via search engines is like by using www.1and1.co.uk and their website checker. Pretty useful (and free) online tool that will give you some SEO tips on how to improve your site!

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

That looks like a useful tool. Thanks boddington.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MyWebs For This Useful Post:

boddington (04-29-2016)

brahma is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

PageRank measure's a web page's importance.Search engines like Google fixes a rank for each website based on the keywords in domain name, content,design of website,TLD,Domain age, number of visitors,loading capacity etc.The Internet's users go to a search engine before reaching a web site.When someone types a product into a search engine, and if our web site is listed at the top of these results,they may visit our site and chances are there that they may become our customer.So to attain a good pagerank will be the aim for all websites/blogs.PageRank ranges from 0 to 10.The more you rank in search engines the more beneficial for you.Now,there are many techniques to improve the pagerank like good quality in the site/blog, regular updates,interlinking posts,Good website design & uptime,social media,affiliate marketing etc and SEO is one such technique.It uses various techniques like usage of suggested keywords,sitemap creation,submission to search engines etc.Through such legal process one can gain the desired web presence.The factors that Google considers are keywords in URL, Title, Text, Domain age,Number of visitors etc.It keeps updating the factors for page ranking. The companies that provide SEO also should update accordingly.If we get services from such a concerned company then we can definitely make SEO to be effective.I have used the SEV(Search Engine Visibility) from Tucktail.com as they provide keyword and suggested topics,submit the site to over 100 search engines and also provide reports which eventually improved my website traffic.

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Page Rank is now only available to Google staff - the search engine only uses it as a tie breaker when everything else is equal (which it never is).

The published Page Ranks were last updated over five years ago and are therefore completely meaningless.

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    Page Rank is now only available to Google staff - the search engine only uses it as a tie breaker when everything else is equal (which it never is).

The published Page Ranks were last updated over five years ago and are therefore completely meaningless.
    I think you can view things like page ranks on a platform called Searchmetrics. Unless we're thinking of two different things when we speakof page ranks?
    The only problem is she likes reality TV

brahma is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

PageRank measure's a web page's importance.Search engines like Google fixes a rank for each website based on the keywords in domain name, content,design of website,TLD,Domain age, number of visitors,loading capacity etc.The Internet's users go to a search engine before reaching a web site.When someone types a product into a search engine, and if our web site is listed at the top of these results,they may visit our site and chances are there that they may become our customer.So to attain a good pagerank will be the aim for all websites/blogs.PageRank ranges from 0 to 10.The more you rank in search engines the more beneficial for you.<br style="" />Now,there are many techniques to improve the pagerank like good quality in the site/blog, regular updates,interlinking posts,Good website design & uptime,social media,affiliate marketing etc and SEO is one such technique.It uses various techniques like usage of suggested keywords,sitemap creation,submission to search engines etc.Through such legal process one can gain the desired web presence.<br style="" />The factors that Google considers are keywords in URL, Title, Text, Domain age,Number of visitors etc.It keeps updating the factors for page ranking. The companies that provide SEO also should update accordingly.If we get services from such a concerned company then we can definitely make SEO to be effective.I have used the SEV(Search Engine Visibility) from Tucktail.com as they provide keyword and suggested topics,submit the site to over 100 search engines and also provide reports which eventually improved my website traffic.

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredsUserName View Post
    Unless we're thinking of two different things when we speakof page ranks?
    Well Page Rank was an algorithm invented by Larry Page (hence the name) for ranking web pages based on the links to that page. It is still one of several hundred algorithms used by Google for determining SERPS but they have not published any information about it for years as people were trying to scam the system.

Any other use of the term Page Rank would be a breach of Google's trademark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast