Thread: Setting up accounts under Reseller account

galileo is offline New Bee
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Default Setting up accounts under Reseller account

I've read the Reseller Startup Guide & searched the Wiki and these forums. I apologize if I missed the answers to my questions.

I originally purchased a Reseller package because I wanted to host a few sites I had built myself (handcoded in html/css). I'm now moving into both Joomla and Wordpress. I'm a little confused by Disk Space/Quota --- and Bandwith.

How do I know how much of each to assign a Package to use for a particular account?

Two of the new accounts/site rebuilds will be blogs,
    one is a "brochure" site,
    one is a large image gallery site, and
    one is a heavy traffic Chamber of Commerce site that I'm rebuilding to be interactive.
    In addition, I'm looking to produce a "shopping cart" site.

Each of these will be built/rebuilt in either Joomla or Wordpress

I would appreciate an explanation of how, as a reseller, I should treat Disk Quota and Bandwidth. And perhaps a "general" suggestion for amounts to use.

Thank you in advance

John

~.~

Stas G. is offline WeeHBie
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Hello John,

Thank you for the interest in our services.

WordPress and Joomla are supported on all our hosting plans as standard. As for disk space and bandwidth quotas - you will be able to create your own packages with preferred quotas and assign them to your cPanel accounts. The quotas specified at our website show the maximum available amount of disk space and bandwidth, but you will be able to create your custom packages with higher quotas. The main point here is that the server calculates only real used disk space and bandwidth, not the quotas you assign. This is so-called overselling, which allows you to advertise higher quotas than you actually have.

As for the types of websites you mentioned - you will be able to host them on our reseller plans for sure. However, in case you have heavy traffic websites under your account you may also consider our VPS plans at http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/vps-hosting.php . The thing is that all resources of shared and reseller servers are equally distributed between all accounts, that's why we have acceptable usage policy in place for such servers (you can check it at http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/acceptable-use-policy.php ). On VPS server you will have root access and stable amount of system resources assigned to it only, so you will be able to use them as you wish.

Should you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.
    CS Team
    WebHostingBuzz.com

Get the latest news and promotions by following us on Twitter and Facebook

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

I already have a Reseller account with WHB --- am really looking for some guidelines on what to assign the different kinds of sites, so that I don't get a notice that the site has exceeded bandwidth (and because it has, is not viewable online).

Isn't there a general "rule of thumb" to use for setting up different packages in different instances?

Thanks

John

~.~

Moby2000 is offline Member
    WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Hi John
    It doesn't really matter how much disk space and bandwidth you assign a package the above mentioned scripts you wish to use (Joomla, Wordpress etc..) only take up a small amount of Disk Space.
    I host Joomla sites with a hosting package of 500MB each which is plenty of space for thier needs.
    Bandwidth is easliy controled within WHM If a domain looks like it is getting close to using it's alotted bandwidth you can easily assign that package you have set up extra bandwidth so it never goes over quota.If you are only hosting your own websites then you have plenty of both space and bandwidth to play with.
    The rule i use is Work out what packages you wish to resell and always leave spare disk space and bandwidth for any unforseen dificulties.

hope this helps

Steve
    Last edited by Moby2000; 01-23-2013 at 10:46 PM.

WHB Points this Month
    WHB Points
    Thanks

Steve

I appreciate you taking the time to answer this post.

And you've verified what I had found by means of research on the net. Even with an older version of Joomla - it only takes up around 20 - 80 meg of disk space. Add to that your content (blogs - comments mostly; images; videos) and the general "overestimate" for disk space was the 500 meg you suggested.

In other posts, I ran across some pretty involved equations for figuring out Bandwidth --- but the general consensus was a 1:10 ratio = disk space:bandwidth. (as a sidenote - videos can really mess with that ratio)

As a test model I'm going to use a 500meg disk space to 5 gig bandwidth --- monitor that --- and report back here --- for the next (easily confused) newbie (like me!)

*laff*

Thank you again, Steve!

John

~.~